Key Stage 3
KS3 Results 2016
Year 9 pupils at Treorchy Comprehensive School have again been rewarded for their hard work by improving upon the results of previous years.
- The percentage of pupils achieving the Level 5 Core Subject Indicator is 77%
- 81% of pupils secured at least a Level 5 in English
- The percentage of pupils reaching Level 5 or above in Mathematics was 86%
- An amazing 90% of pupils attained Level 5 plus in Science
The school’s commitment to developing the bilingual skills of pupils has again reaped rewards this year.
- 40 Year 9 pupils sat their GCSE Welsh examinations two years early with a 100% pass rate at A*-C
- Almost two thirds of these achieved the highest A*-A grades
- 95% secured A*-B grades
Headteacher, Rhys Angell Jones, remarked:
“Our Key Stage 3 pupils have worked hard over the past three years and we are proud of them for reaching this milestone in their education. We now look forward to the challenges of Key Stage 4, secure in the knowledge that Year 9 have laid a firm foundation for their future.”